Message from the President of AFNA
Dear Friends of Al-Shifa,
Asalamu-alaikum & Ramadan Mubarak
May peace be with you, and may God’s blessings and mercy be upon you and your family. I write to wish you a blessed Ramadan and request you to generously support the projects of Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospitals in Pakistan with your Zakat and Sadaqa during this special month.
We thank you for your continued support and generosity. You will be delighted to know that your donations have made a huge impact in the lives of hundreds of needy people including children and women who are now able to see their loved ones after successful treatment.
Here is the update of key features of Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospitals-
– General Ophthalmology and Cataract Surgery, Retina, Cornea, Glaucoma, Orbit, Oculoplastics and Ocular Oncology, Pediatric Ophthalmology.
– Largest Cornea Transplant facility in Pakistan with over 50% of the country’s corneal transplants performed here.
– Center for Eye Cancer– first of its kind in the country offering facilities like surgery, chemotherapy and rehabilitation.
– Pakistan’s First Eye Bank established in 2019 with collaboration of Eversight USA.
– Light House- for management of patients with permanent low vision or blindness.
– Pakistan Institute of Ophthalmology runs Post graduate FCPS, DOMS as well as subspecialty courses. Over 500 doctors have completed their training.
– Al Shifa Research Centre providing high standard research facilities to conduct world class medical research activities. Research Center also conducted Clinical trials of COVID 19 vaccine in the national effort to combat the disease.
– ORCAM MyEYE devices distributed to the most deserving and most talented, this device is among the top 100 inventions of 2021 and is available free to the needy blind patients.
During my visit to Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital, Rawalpindi in November last year, I’ve personally gifted this life changing device to the first blind journalist in Pakistan and a young 27 year old Mohammad Talha Masood, a Hafiz-e-Quran and an outstanding post graduate student of English literature and a motivational speaker. Unfortunately, Talha was a victim of a bomb blast at the age of 9 while playing outside his house and lost his both eyes and hands.
Please donate generously and give the gift of sight to someone in need this Ramadan.